Tuesday 26 April 2016

Welcome . . . and some Chronographs

Nivada was one of the Swiss watchmaking houses which became defunct as a result of the advent and popularity of quartz movement watches in the late 1970s/1980s, (although the brand name continues today for a line of watches made in Mexico.)   

My own affection for Nivadas from the 1960s/70s began with the Leonardo da Vinci model, a few of which I now own.  I also like the Automatic, Antarctic and Chronograph models. 

As I found when first acquiring Leonardos that information on Nivada – the company and the products – is hard to come by, I’m creating this blog as a collection point for such data.  I would welcome any contributions of information from other Nivadavistas.   

Details of 12 Chronographs recently found for sale or under review (lots more to come):






No comments:

Post a Comment